- Trip Date: 20th October - 29th October 2023
- Package Cost: US$ 2475 Per Person (Does Not Include Air Ticket Cost)
- Group Size Maximum: Not More Than 7 People
- Room: Shared Twin or Single Occupancy (USD45 Supplement for Single Occupancy)
The Royal Highlander festival shares the beauty and the wonders of Gasa Dzongkhag through its nature, history and its age old tradition and culture, to share Gasa’s vision of “Good to Great Gasa” and to finally share all theses authenticity and the simplicity of the life of the Highlanders with our guests. This itinerary also includes cultural tour of western Bhutan, such as Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
During the festival, visitors can witness The traditional offering of Buelwa (Gift offering) with Auley (traditional epic poem/song recitation tradition originated from Zhabdrung Rinpoche days) that begun during Zhabdrung Rinpoche’s reign in showing loyalty and respect by the community of Laya is being offered for dynamic and visionary leadership of our successive monarchs.
Variety of cultural programs will be performed by Layaps. The various competitions on highland animals including the Yaks, horses and Mastiffs will be held and also competition such as traditional songs and dances will be held.
The festival consists of series of stalls ranging from local based yak produce to highland technology, highland agriculture technology, medicinal herbs & plants and others.
The plateau where it is hosted allows for a panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges. Visitors stay in tents set up by the nomadic people of Lunana and Laya and roam the high plains while interacting with the highlanders. This is truly a unique experience with attendance at about 200 each year.
- Day 1, 20th October 2024 – Flight to Paro, Bhutan. Transfer to Punakha (3hrs drive). Stop at Dochula Pass to enjoy the view of the Himalayas. Temple Of Fertility. Night halt in Punakha
- Day 2, 21th October 2024 – Visit Punakha Dzong, Suspension Bridge and Khamsum Chorten. Drive to Gasa (3hrs drive). Night halt in Gasa
- Day 3, 22nd October 2024 – Drive to Tongchu (2hrs drive). Hike to Laya (4hrs hike). Explore Laya the highest settlement of the highlanders. Night halt in Laya.
- Day 4, 23rd October 2024 – Royal Highland Festival – Day 1. Option to hike into the mountains after lunch to check out campsites of Yak hearders. Night halt in Laya
- Day 5, 24th October 2024 – Royal Highland Festival – Day 2. After lunch hike to Tongchu and drive to Gasa. Experience the Gasa Hotspring.
- Day 6, 25th October 2024 – Drive to Punakha (3 hrs) after breakfast. Lunch at Punakha Farmers Market. Rinchengang Village. Night halt in Wangdue
- Day 7, 26th October 2024 – Drive to Thimphu. Explore Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan. Dinner hosted by Breathe Bhutan. Nightlife (Optional).
- Day 8, 27th October – Take it easy during the morning hours and drive to Paro after lunch. Cultural tour of Paro. Night halt in Paro.
- Day 9, 28th October 2024 – Hike to Tigers Nest. Hotstone bath after returning back to Paro. Stroll in Paro town. Night halt in Paro.
- Day 10, 29th October 2024 – Tashi Delek! Bid Bhutan farewell and catch a flight to your next destination.
*The Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) of USD100 goes towards activities that promote carbon-neutral tourism and building a more sustainable tourism sector. This includes offsetting the carbon footprint of tourists and up skilling workers in the travel industry.
- Hotel rooms at the mentioned hotels/resorts
- Three meals (at hotels and local restaurants of your choice)
- Comfortable travel vehicle and certified travel guide, throughout the tour
- SDF/Royalty of USD100 per person per night
- Entrance fees, Cooking Class And Hoist a Prayer flag
PACKAGE DOES NOT COVER/INCLUDE:
While the above package covers all travel expenses and you will not need to pay a penny extra, the following is not covered in the package:
- Alcoholic beverages at hotels/restaurants
- Food and beverages at luxury hotels and restaurants
- Shopping and tips for guide and driver
- Nightlife, Hot Stone Bath, Cycling, Weaving Class, Weeding ceremony & Horse Riding
- Air Ticket
Breathe Bhutan being a quality and standard oriented entity; what we want our guest to take back is an expression, which eventually defines who we are.
- Hotels: We are very picky with where we keep our guests. The hotels we pick are hotels we personally like and which are also highly reviewed by our former guests. The three star hotels and accommodations we recommend are mostly family run and they not only provide excellent service but will also have something special in each one of them.
- Water: We do not charge for the unlimited mineral water supply. As a company, we are environmentally conscious and we are currently working on a way to reduce the use of single use plastic bottles.
- Meals: Unlike other tour operators, we do not dictate what you should eat and where you should eat. Our guides will always ask your mood for food and take you to appropriate restaurants. If you are eating your meals at the hotel, you do not necessarily have to eat from the buffet; you have the option to order from the menu.
- Guides: We are very selective with the tour guides we work with. They are highly experienced, humble and always ready to go out of their way to keep the guest happy.
- Vehicles: While traveling Bhutan, you will have to do a lot of vehicle travel and a comfortable vehicle is important. For one and two people in the group, we only assign four-wheel SUV vehicles and they will not be older than 4 years. For more than two people, we use Toyota Hi Ace High Roof Travel Vans and have to be new or else in great condition.
- Nightlife in Thimphu: If you are someone who like live music or like to taste local beer and whiskey, we always take you to Mojo Park (a live music club) in Thimphu and we cover all expenses. Mojo Park is a great place to check out the nightlife culture in Bhutan, especially on the weekends.
- Others: You need to visit to unlock the other surprises.
Feel free to get in touch with us for our unique travel itineraries and tour packages
Get in touch with us for an obligation-free tour quote or anything related to our travel products and services.
If you have any special interest or specific needs and constraints, we are happy to discuss and offer a personalized service to suit your needs. Call us at (WhatsApp) +975 77430698 / 17110975 or email us at email@example.com
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
- Step 6
- Step 7
- Step 8
- Step 9
- Step 10
- Step 11