The Pulse of Happiness (17th – 24th September 2018) is a special package for young travelers from India who have been looking for a reason to visit Bhutan.
This 7 night, 8 day travel program is intended to make a traveler experience the pulse of Bhutan through historic sights, short nature hikes, cultural festivals, food and interactions with local people. Apart from popular travel attractions and activities, The Pulse of Happiness features some special travel activities (unique to Breathe Bhutan and to this tour) such as:
1. Visiting a rural village and learning about it’s culture and customs, trying out local games (archery and dart) at the same village and interacting with locals. If you wish to indulge in some of the farm activities, we have space for that too. An early dinner will be prepared and served at one of the village homes in Gaselo. Gaselo is about 30 mins drive from Punakha.
2. Tour of a monastic school in Punakha. Here you will get to see little monks in their classroom learning Buddhist scriptures, instruments, chants and other ritual activities involved in performing Buddhist rituals.
3. Experience nightlife in Thimphu at the Mojo Park. Mojo Park is a very popular pup and it is known for it’s friendly crowd and awesome band performances. So this is a good place to try out local whiskey, beer and other brews. The first round is on Breathe Bhutan. You will also get to meet, greet and talk to our friends – they always hang out at the Mojo Park on weekends.
4. Witness the Thimphu Tshechu wearing the national dress of Bhutan and join the locals in their finest attires and ornaments. Festivals in Bhutan is very colorful and if you are someone who enjoy taking pictures of people, this is your oyster.
Apart from the above mentioned special activities, the tour will also cover popular attractions like:
Thimphu: Tashichhodzong, Changangkha Monastery, Crafts Market, Farmers Market, Textile and Weaving Factory, Buddha Dordenma, Institute of the 13 Arts, Jungshi Paper Factory, The Memorial Chorten, Dochula Pass, Druk Wangyal Chortens and Thimphu Town.
Punakha/Wangdue: Punakha Dzong, Chimmi Lhakhang, Gaselo Village, Punakha Suspension Bridge, Khamsum Chorten. Paro/Haa: Paro Dzong, National Museum, Tiger’s Nest, Kyichu Lhakhang, Drukgyel Dzong, Paro Town, Chelela Pass.
The the highlight of the tour will be the Thimphu Tshechu and the hike to Tiger’s Nest in Paro. More over, Autumn is the most beautiful season in Bhutan; with light or no rainfall at all, the skies will be clear and the weather will be cool and pleasant.
The hotels you will be staying at are three star hotels and are hand picked based on the experiences they offer; after making sure that they have comfortable rooms, clean toilets and good food.
Itinerary: 7 Nights, 8 Days – 17th – 24th September 2018
|Day||Destination||Tour Activity||Hotel (3 Star +)|
|1||India/Thimphu||Land in Paro. Transfer to Thimphu. Sights in Thimphu.||Tashi Yoedling|
|2||Thimphu/Punakha||To Punakha via Dochula. Punakha Dzong||Hotel Lobesa|
|3||Punakha||Hike to Khamsum Yulley Namgay. Rural life in Gaselo Village||Hotel Lobesa|
|4||Punakha/Thimphu||To Thimphu. Farmers Market. Thimphu Town. Nightlife||Tashi Yoedling|
|5||Thimphu/Paro||Thimphu Tshechu (Festival). Sights in Paro||Gangtey Palace|
|6||Paro||Chelela Hike. Visit Kila Gomba Nunnery||Gangtey Palace|
|7||Paro||Tiger’s Nest. Hot Stone Bath.||Gangtey Palace|
|8||Paro/India||Bid Bhutan Fairwell. Fly to India.|
INR. 60250 per person (12 years and above) for those flying from Kolkata, India to Paro.
INR. 65050 per person (12 years and above) for those flying from New Delhi, India to Paro.
Note: We do not like the idea of having our guests travel in a big group and therefore, each group will consist of only 4 people. If you book this trip as a group (four and more people), be it family or friends, we will be more than happy to increase your group size and also offer you a discount. For single person bookings, we will try and team you up with like minded people.
- Twin (shared) hotel rooms at the mentioned hotels/resorts. Can offer single rooms on request.
- Three meals (at hotels and local restaurants)
- Certified travel guide, throughout the tour
- Comfortable travel vehicle (Hyundai H1 Travel Van or Toyota HiAce)”
- Return air tickets from Kolkata or New Delhi
- Museum tickets and other entrance fees
Package Does Not Cover:
- Alcoholic beverages at hotels/restaurants
- Food and beverages at luxury hotels and restaurants
- Shopping and tips for guide and driver
Book Your Trip: